Losing her job so close to Christmas, Chloe’s only choice was to go back home to Aubrey Heights, where the Christmas spirit is celebrated in a tourist loving, wonderland. Perhaps she can pull herself together before the new year—before her new career search.
However, Jason follows her to Aubrey Heights—with a mission of his own. First he stole her job—now he wants to steal her heart.
Is the spirit of Christmas alive enough in her to let that happen?
When not immersed in the writing/publishing world, Bernadette Marie and her husband are shuffling their five hockey playing boys around town to practices and games as well as running their family business. She is a lover of a good stout craft beer and might be slightly addicted to chocolate.
Top Ten List
Top 10 Favorite Holiday Traditions by Bernadette Marie
10. Shopping for fun gifts, on Amazon of course.
9. Seeing Disneyland dressed up for the holidays (if I can.)
8. The Kids’ time off.
7. School productions. The high school has a 3 hour concert (4 presentations of this concert) which include all choirs, ensembles, and instrumental music as well. It’s fascinating.
6. That cup of coffee on Christmas morning.
5. Watching my family open their gifts.
4. Our new tradition of playing silly games on Christmas morning since my kids are older.
3. Holiday decorations and music in the stores.
2. I love to look at Christmas lights.
1. My 8 Christmas trees! I love to set up Christmas trees, and each of them has a theme.
In casting this novel, these are the top four people that come to mind for the characters.
Chloe Richardson: Kristen Bell comes to mind when I think of Chloe. The upbeat, ready to take over the world woman whose attitude can change on a dime. This firecracker appreciates the unique town she was brought up in, which grandly celebrates Christmas, and also the hustle and bustle of the city where she does her best to advance her career.
Jason Mitchell: Chris Evans would tie this character up in a bow. Jason is all business—a professional through and through, but even though that takes a hard exterior, he’s not an ass about it. He has a graciousness to him and confidence in his team. And when he decides he wants Chloe in his life, he’s not aggressive.
William Mason: William is the guy who gives kids of the boss a bad name. He’s pushy, he’s condescending, and all around vindictive. Tom Hiddleston comes to mind when I think of William. He’s that kind of guy you buy into, but later find out he’s not an upstanding guy at all.
Gloria Vandenberg: An over the top Zendaya would hit the mark when talking about Pop! Cosmetics founder Gloria Vandenberg. Heiress to the Vandenberg Furniture fortune, this up and comer is ready to take over the world with her business.